Walnut Cheese CrostinisJump to Recipe
Walnut cheese crostinis are the perfect appetizer dish! I put these little tastes of heaven under lunches though because I don't really tend to eat large lunches and these are almost like mini pizzas, so I'd say I could eat about 3 to 4 and be satisfied. Most importantly, I used the words mini pizzas 🙂 They remind me of almost little Mexican pizzas. Who doesn't love pizza?! I was also mad at myself that I didn't make more because between me and my husband, Eric, we polished off around a dozen. There was one left over and we argued over who was taking it to lunch the next day.....Guess who won?!
You could also add and take away whatever ingredient you love or dislike, which makes them personal! You can add your own little touches. Today was the first Football Sunday too, which is HUGE in my house. These would be amazing during a Sunday Funday football style.
P.S. I'm a Giants Fan and was very upset with their loss today. 🙁
Bon Appetit! 😉
What do you need to make this treat?
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need 1 whole wheat baguette, cut through the middle, then cut into squares, ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese), ¹⁄3 cup chopped walnuts, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and 1 tsp. ground black pepper. You will also need coconut or avocado cooking spray, ³⁄4 cup sliced small grape tomatoes, 1 tbsp avocado oil, and 1 tbsp. lime juice. To make this dish look pretty I also added a handful of shredded greens on top. You can use either arugula, spinach, or kale. I also recommend using a large baking tray to assemble these because it will make for easy clean up. I recommend using this Nordic Ware Natural Baker's Big Sheet!
First, preheat the oven to 350° and place baguette slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet Next, toss cheese with walnuts, tomatoes, seasoning, oil, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl and let marinade for 5 minutes. Then, press equal amounts very firmly onto each baguette slice. Coat liberally with cooking spray. The cooking spray will keep the toppings on. Bake the baguettes for 10 minutes. Top with some arugula, spinach, or kale for some added greens. Serve with a smile and watch as everyone scarf them down 🙂
Walnut Cheese Crostinis
- large baking pan
- small mixing bowl
- 1 whole wheat baguette cut lengthwise then into squares
- ¾ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- avocado or coconut cooking spray
- ¾ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 handful spinach, arugula, or kale chopped, for topping
- First, preheat oven to 350°. On a large baking sheet place baguette slices in a single layer and set aside.
- Next, toss cheese, walnuts, tomatoes, all spices, oil, and lime juice in a small mixing bowl and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Then, scoop mixture out using a spoon and add evenly to each baguette slice. Pressing down firmly. Coat each baguette liberally with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with your added greens, if desired! Serve warm.