This easy crispy cauliflower pizza is so easy to make. It's the perfect way to make pizza night a healthy night!
Cauliflower is a vegetable, for those of you that weren't sure! Vegetables are a food group that you should really be trying to eat more of. I know I slack in the veggie department, so any tips or tricks I hear about to eat more I'm game! In fact, women my age should be eating about 4 to 5 cups of vegetables a week, but the average woman only eats about 3!
The 2015 - 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans gives some suggestions on how to increase your veggie intake. One of their suggestions is to choose veggies in place of high calorie foods, saturated fats, and sodium. One realistic option is to increase the veggie content of mixed dishes while decreasing the amounts of other food components that are over consumed, such as refined grains. So, swapping out bread for cauliflower is the perfect way in my eyes!
Ingredients to make this crispy crust
You will need a round pizza pan. I like using the one with holes in it to help crisp up the bottom. I've linked the one I use below.
You will also need 1 medium cauliflower head made into cauliflower rice. I explain how to do that below. You will also need 2 eggs, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried basil, kosher salt to taste, and ground black pepper to taste.
How to make this super crispy crust
Using a cutting board and butcher's knife, chop up pieces of the cauliflower and place in a blender. Blend until cauliflower rice is formed. Then, transfer the cauliflower rice to a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes. This will help tenderize the cauliflower. After the microwaved veggie has cooled off enough to handle, place it into a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
Place the squeezed cauliflower into a mixing bowl and add the eggs, cheese, and seasonings. Mix until well combined. Preheat oven to 425° and place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the pizza pan. Add the cauliflower mixture and press down until it forms a circle, like a pizza. Make sure to leave a little lip on the outside. I also used a rubber spatula and pressed the whole crust down to make it as flat as I could. Cook for 15 to 20 min. Remove from oven.
Top crispy crust with desired toppings and cook again for another 10 to 15 minutes. Or until cheese is bubbly!
Easy Crispy Cauliflower Pizza
- pizza pan
- 1 medium cauliflower head made into cauliflower rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Using a cutting board and butcher's knife, chop up pieces of the cauliflower and place in blender. Blend until cauliflower rice is formed. Then, transfer the cauliflower rice to a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes. This will help tenderize the veggies.
- After cauliflower is cooled off enough to handle place in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Place cauliflower in a mixing bowl and add eggs, cheese, and spices. Mix well to combine.
- Dump cauliflower mix on prepared pizza pan and press down to form a circle like a pizza. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add desired toppings and cook again for another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.