Mashed Avocado OmeletteJump to Recipe
First of all, avocado is one of my favorite things to eat and it's super healthy for you! It's considered a healthy fat, which is one of the best ways you can fill yourself up with out feeling guilty! Second, I absolutely love eggs! So, combining the two to make a mashed avocado omelette is the way to go in my eyes! When I actually have time to cook them I probably eat eggs about 80% of my breakfasts and since we are living in this quarantine life I have definitely go the time. So, I am a 3 egg omelette kinda gal.
To break the egg down the yolk is the part that is loaded with all the vitamins, but also has all the fat in it. Before pregnancy, I would have 3 egg whites. After becoming pregnant, first trimester I added in one yolk and now I'm in trimester two and I do 2 whole eggs and one egg white. Once I hit trimester number 3, I'll just have 3 whole eggs.
My next steps are
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When adding in the milk, I usually do about 1 tsp. and I am a fan of almond milk, specifically unsweetened vanilla almond milk from Diamond Blue Almond Breeze. My number one ingredient for all my omelettes is Every but the Bagel Seasoning that is also in all my eggs. I whisk those 3 together before any other steps. When I cook the egg, I heat up a small frying pan. My favorite to use is the Calphalon 8-inch Omelette Fry Pan. Next, I will spray the pan with avocado cooking spray. I was a fan of coconut cooking spray until my sister, who is a registered dietician, told me it was loaded with fat. Most recently, I switched to avocado oil. The Chosen Foods brand has been catching my eye, lately. This one I found actually has garlic added into it, which I am a huge fan of. Then I added my next go-to ingredients in eggs, which are spinach and cheese. Just make sure your cheese is reduced fat or low fat if you are looking to cut calories.
Here is a list of all the ingredients I just named!
You will need 3 egg whites, or 3 whole eggs using some whites and some whole eggs. Also you will need ½ an avocado, mashed, ¼ cup fresh baby spinach, ¼ cup reduced fat shredded cheese of your choice, avocado cooking spray, everything but the bagel seasoning, 1 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
A step by step on how do you make this omelette?
- In a small mixing bowl, add your eggs along with almond milk and everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Spray the bottom of a small skillet with avocado cooking oil.
- Add in egg mix.
- Top with spinach and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, cut avocado lengthwise and remove pit and skin. Mash avocado with a fork.
- Spread the avocado on top of the spinach and cheese. Let cook until egg starts to cook through and thicken up.
- Flip over half of the omelet to close the egg mixture into a semi circle. Let that half cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove omelette and put on plate. Serve with your choice of fruit or whole grain toast.
Mashed Avocado OmeletteThe perfect omelette because it fills you up and is loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- small 8-inch frying pan
- small mixing bowl
- 3 large eggs
- ½ avocado mashed
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- avocado cooking spray
- everything but the bagel seasoning to taste
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a small mixing bowl add eggs, almond milk and everything but the bagel seasoning. Whisk until well combined.
- Heat an 8-inch frying pan to low-medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add eggs, then top with spinach and then cheese. Let cook until eggs start to cook through and become thicker.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add avocado. To peel avocado use a paring knife and cut around lengthwise. Open avocado and remove pit and throw skin away. Place avocado in bowl and mash with a fork.
- Spread avocado mix onto spinach and cheese. Fold over omelette using a spatula to form a half moon. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip omelette over and cook for 2 more minutes on other side.
NotesServe omelette with fruit of choice or a piece of whole grain toast.