This green veggie frittata is a gorgeous display of food and can be eaten for any meal! Yes, frittatas are mainly consumed for a breakfast or brunch, but my family had this for dinner and devoured it. If you can have it for dinner you can surely eat it for lunch. This frittata is loaded with veggies and some parmesan cheese and can be on your table in 25 minutes. The next time you decide to have breakfast for dinner just refer to it as, "B for D!" That originated from one of my girlfriends and it's just so catchy it stuck 😉
Ingredients for this green frittata
You will need the following ingredients:
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- ¹⁄8 ground black pepper
- ⅛ salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup of 1-inch asparagus pieces
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup green onions
- 8 ounces chopped mushrooms
You will also need a cast iron skillet! This is the one I own, a Cast Iron Skillet!
How to make this dish
Step 1 - preheat your broiler to high heat. In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, chives, salt, and pepper.
Step 2 - Stir in 2 tbsp of the cheese.
Step 3 - Then, in your 8-inch cast iron skillet heat on the stove over medium-high heat and add your oil. Add your asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
Step 4 - Stir in the garlic and mix to combine. Cook another 5 minutes.
Step 5 - Add in your spinach and cook until wilted; about another 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in your egg mixture reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for another 10 to 12 minutes or until almost cooked through.
Step 6 - Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of cheese. Place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes; until cheese is crispy.
Green Veggie Frittata
- cast iron skillet
- cutting board
- paring knife
- small mixing bowl
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh chives chopped
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- ½ cup 1 inch aspargus pieces
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, egg whites, milk, chives, and pepper. Stir in 2 tbsp of cheese.
- In your 8 inch cast iron skillet heat over medium high heat and add your oil.
- Add in your asparagus and onions and cook; stirring for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and mix to combine. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in your spinach and cook until wilted; another 2 to 3 minutes. Pour your egg mixture on top and reduce to low heat. Cover and simmer until almost cooked through; 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 2 tbsp of cheese. Place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes; until cheese is crispy.