So, I decided to really cut corners while making the easiest buffalo turkey burgers ever! Instead of buying ground turkey how it usually comes, I bought the ground turkey already made into patties. Feel free to form the patties yourself, but since I'm 38 weeks pregnant I didn't.
Then, I just marinated the patties for about 30 minutes in some mild buffalo sauce and added some spices. Once they were done marinating, I cooked them on a grill pan on the stove. It was 85 ° out and I had no desire to stand over a grill and my husband works outside so he had enough of being outdoors tonight.
Ingredients to make these burgers
To make the easiest buffalo turkey burgers ever you will need one container of turkey patties. The one I bought came in a pack of 4. If you want to make your own patties buy 1 pound of ground turkey then mix everything into a mixing bowl and form patties with hands. Add patties to a large bowl so that you can marinate them. I used Tesseamae's mild buffalo sauce (linked below), also used about ½ cup to make sure patties were covered.
Then, I added 1 tsp celery salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp onion powder. I sprinkled a little bit of each onto each patty to make sure they got some flavor. These were cooked on my grill pan, as well! I loveeee my grill pan when the weather is just not cooperating! I've linked the one I have below. You will also need coconut or avocado cooking spray, ½ cup blue cheese crumbles, and either romaine lettuce if you want bunless or whole wheat rolls. I also topped mine with Tessemae's everything bagel ranch dressing. (Also linked below)
How to make these burgers
In a large mixing bowl or in a large flat tubberware place the already assembled patties. Sprinkle each patty with the spices and then cover with the buffalo sauce. Place in fridge and let marinade for at least 30 minutes. If you are making your own patties then add the ground turkey to a mixing bowl and add all the spices and buffalo sauce. Mix well to combine then form patties using hands.
Preheat grill pan to medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the patties to the preheated grill pan and cook until no longer pink inside. I cooked each side about 8 minutes, but this also depends on the thickness of your burgers. Then, assemble the burgers on either the lettuce or the buns and add a bit of crumbled blue cheese and a dollop of the ranch dressing or your dressing of choice! Voila! 15 minute meal done!
Easiest Buffalo Turkey Burgers
- grill pan
- large mixing bowl
- 1 lb ground turkey patties
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- coconut or avocado cooking spray
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce if going bunless
- 4 whole wheat buns if using buns
- 1 tbsp Tessemae's Everything Bagel Ranch Dressing for topping (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl or flat tupperware container add ground turkey patties. Top each patty with seasonings then cover completely with the buffalo sauce.
- If making own patties, dump all ingredients into a bowl then form burgers using hands and place in the mixing bowl or tupperware. Let burgers marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan to medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add burgers and cook until no longer pink on the inside. About 8 minutes per side.
- To assemble burgers: Line a plate with with romaine lettuce or whole wheat buns and top with cooked burgers. Sprinkle the tops of the burgers with blue cheese and top with a dollop of ranch dressing of choice.