First, spread olive oil over the potatoes. Then, sprinkle salt over the potatoes. Take a fork and poke holes into the potato skins.
One of the key nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes is that they're high in an antioxidant known as beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A once consumed. Another bonus that I used is drizzling olive oil on top. Adding the olive oil increases the absorption of the beta-carotene.
Ingredients for this recipe:
All toppings are used with desirable amount.
- Sweet potatoes ( I cooked 4 since I have 4 people in my family that are eating solids)
- olive oil for drizzling
- reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- scallions, chopped into pieces
- turkey bacon, cooked, cooled, and chopped
- plain greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)
- aluminum foil (easy clean up)
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for this dish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and place potatoes on top. Drizzle with olive oil and brush covering all sides with the oil. Season with salt and pepper and poke holes using a fork. Cook for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool 5 min. Slice down the middle vertically and horizontally. Coat with toppings and devour.
Leave a Reply