Who doesn't love BLT's? Well, when you make a healthy BLT it's even better. It's also super quick to make! When I know I'm going to be eating a BLT during the week I'll meal prep the turkey bacon during my Sunday prep, but if I decide on the fly it only takes about 10 minutes to fry up some turkey bacon. I also decided to add sliced avocado with mine and the lettuce I used is spinach.
Not going to lie, I added a piece of cheese to my sandy and a tiny bit of mayo 😉 I am 8 months preggers so it's only fair! Just use light mayo instead of regular. I used all my bread too making toast for my kids because for some reason that is their favorite thing to eat lately. Taylor is the princess of the house and Luke follows anything she does at the moment. Why battle a 1 year old and 3 year old when you're 8 months preggo? Since I had no bread I had to improvise and I have been hearing alot about this chaffle so this is my version of it. I guess I can thank Taylor (the princess) for helping me find the perfect touch to a BLT.
Obviously turkey bacon is way healthier than regular bacon. A healthy portion would be about 4 slices 🙂
Ingredients to make this healthy BLT
For the bread I used a mix that some might know as a chaffle. To make the chaffle, you only need 1 egg and ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. I literally just ordered the mini waffle maker, but I had the mini pancake one so I just made my bread on there. Here is the link to all 3. They also have a griddle! Dash Mini Maker Grill, Waffle, and Pancake Iron! If you also want the mayo and cheese like me then you will need some light mayo and american cheese. You will also need turkey bacon, tomato, spinach, and ½ avocado.
Dash Mini Maker Grill, Waffle, and Pancake Iron!
How to make this quick meal
For the Chaffle-
Preheat your mini waffle maker or pancake maker. In a bowl, whisk egg until beaten. Add shredded cheese and stir to combine. WHen waffle or pancake maker is heated, carefully pour ½ the batter in and close the top.
Allow to cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Carefully remove from waffle or pancake maker and set aside to cool off or crisp up if you are using the waffle maker. Repeat instructions for second chaffle.
If you don't have a mini waffle or pancake maker:
I recommend using whole grain bread or a whole grain english muffin as your bread. Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium high heat. Place pieces of turkey bacon on pan and cook until nice and crispy. Place on a paper towel and soak up any grease that might be there. Toast English muffins or whole grain bread and melt 1 piece of american cheese divided onto each half. Spread a tiny bit of mayo on each half and top with slices of turkey bacon, spinach, sliced tomato, and sliced avocado 🙂 ENJOY!
- mini waffle maker or mini pancake maker
- non-stick medium skillet
- 1 egg
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp light mayo optional
- 1 slice american cheese optional
- 4 pieces turkey bacon cooked
- ¼ tomato sliced
- handful baby spinach
- ½ avocado sliced
- To make the chaffle:Preheat your mini waffle maker or mini pancake maker. In a small mixing bowl whisk egg until beaten. Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- When waffle or pancake maker is heated, carefully pour batter in and close the top. Allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove from waffle or pancake maker and set aside to cool off or crisp up if using waffle maker. Repeat instructions for second chaffle.
- If you don't have a mini waffle or pancake maker:Use 2 slices of whole grain bread or a whole grain English muffin. Toast until crispy. Add your slice of american cheese. Half on each side until melted.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and cook turkey bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up any extra grease.
- Spread the mayo onto the pieces of toast and layer with sliced avocado, cooked turkey bacon, tomato, and spinach. ENJOY!
I just could not depart your site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard information a person provide for your visitors? Is gonna be back often in order to check up on new posts
Wohh just what I was looking for, appreciate it for posting.