Healthy Cuban Stromboli
Jump to Recipe
This healthy Cuban stromboli is super easy to make! Of course I used my homemade dough recipe again because it's just too easy and convenient not to. Click here to try my homemade dough recipe! This stromboli would make for a great appetizer to bring to party, as well! It is inspired by the classic pressed sandwich and basically consists of the pickles, cold cuts, and cheese rolled up in some pizza dough! Each slice is only 76 calories so you don't have to feel bad if you have more than one.
What do I need to make Cuban Stromboli?
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need 5-ounces of whole-wheat pizza dough, 4 thin slices of Swiss cheese, 4 slices of salami, 4 slices of deli ham, 4 slices of deli turkey, 1 kosher pickle spear, quartered lengthwise, 1 large egg yolk, avocado or coconut cooking spray, and some sesame seeds for garnish. I also dipped mine in to some dijon mustard. I know I always promote Tessemae's, but they really are a fantastic brand. Here I've linked their honey mustard or you can give their starter pack a try, which has the honey dijon in it.
How do you make this dish?
First, preheat oven to 450 °F. Next, roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-by-6-inch rectangle. Layer on Swiss, salami, ham, turkey, and pickle. Roll up, starting at a long edge, into a tight roll, pinching the seams together. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Then, cut a few slits on top. Whisk egg and brush on top of the dough. Finally, sprinkle with some sesame seeds, if desired. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve with honey mustard or dijon mustard, if desired.
Healthy Cuban Stromboli
- baking sheet
- 5 oz whole-wheat pizza dough homemade or store bought
- 4 thin slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of salami
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 slices of turkey
- 1 kosher pickle spear quartered lengthwise
- 1 large egg whisked
- seasame seeds for garnish, if desired
- honey dijon or honey mustard for dipping
- First, preheat oven to 450°F. Next, roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12 by 6 inch rectangle. Layer on Swiss, salami, ham, turkey, and a pickle. Roll up, starting at a long edge, into a tight roll, pinching the seams together.
- Place on a baking sheet. Cut a few slits on top. Whisk egg in a bowl and brush onto pizza dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve with dijon or honey mustard.