Spinach, mushroom, and cheese naan pizza is a must try! So, my house loves to have Friday night as pizza night! Me, being my healthy self had to find something else to use besides ordering pizza. I discovered Naan bread a few years back. Once I started using Naan bread, I ever looked back.
Naan bread comes in a variety of flavors. Original, whole wheat, and roasted garlic are their three flavors. I always use whole wheat. 1 slice of whole wheat Naan bread (a whole pizza) has 390 calories in it, 10 grams of fat, 11 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber. There is also zero trans fat, which is the "bad fat", so that is a plus!
Ingredients to make this Naan pizza
You will need some Naan bread, of course. I always use Stonefire (linked below). You will need one 8 oz package of sliced baby bella mushrooms, 1 tbsp of coconut or avocado oil, a handful of fresh baby spinach, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of basil, 1 tsp of oregano, and of course we can't forget the fresh mozzarella cheese. I also like to make all my Naan Pizzas on a pizza pan with holes in it. This type of pan makes the pizza perfectly crispy. I've linked the one I have below.
Cuisinart 14 inch Non-Stick Pizza Pan
Stonefire Naan Flatbread, Pack of 3 - Original, Whole Wheat, Roasted Garlic
How to make this pizza
Preheat oven to 400 ° and spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and set aside. Heat one tbsp of oil in a medium non-stick pan and add oil. Toss in mushrooms and cook until browned and softened, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool. Sprinkle your Naan bread with a little water and lay on the prepared pizza pan. Top the Naan bread with slices of mozzarella cheese, then spinach, then the cooked mushrooms. Sprinkle the top with garlic powder, basil, and oregano. Cook for 12 min.
Spinach Mushroom and Cheese Naan Pizza
- pizza pan
- medium non-stick skillet
- 1 package Naan bread
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- handful fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- couple slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a medium non stick skillet to medium heat and add oil. Add in mushrooms and cook until brown and softened, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle your Naan bread with a little water and lay on your prepared pizza pan.
- Top with fresh slices of mozzarella cheese, then spinach, then the cooked mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the top with garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
Leave a Reply