BBQ chicken sausage and avocado naan pizza is a must try! So, my house loves to have Friday night as pizza night! Me, being my healthy self had to find something else to use besides ordering pizza. I discovered Naan bread a few years back. Once I started using Naan bread, I ever looked back.
Naan bread comes in a variety of flavors. Original, whole wheat, and roasted garlic are their three flavors. I always use whole wheat. 1 slice of whole wheat Naan bread (a whole pizza) has 390 calories in it, 10 grams of fat, 11 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber. There is also zero trans fat, which is the "bad fat", so that is a plus!
Ingredients to make this Naan Pizza
You will need some Naan bread of course. I always use Stonefire Naan bread. (linked below) You will need one 12 oz package of Italian chicken sausage. Slice the chicken sausage down the middle and remove the casings before cooking. You will also need 1 tbsp of avocado or coconut oil, ¼ cup of BBQ sauce.
My favorite to use is Tessemae's organic BBQ sauce (linked below), and obviously you cannot forget the cheese. I recommend using fresh mozzarella cheese that you can slice. You will also need 1 avocado, cut into slices, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of basil, 1 tsp oregano and 1 tsp of kosher salt. You will also need a pizza pan. I like to use one with holes in it to help make the bottom nice and crispy. I've linked the one I have below.
Stonefire Naan Flatbread, 3-pack - Original, Whole Wheat, and Roasted Garlic
Cuisinart Non-Stick 14 inch Pizza Pan
How to make this pizza
Preheat oven to 400 ° and spray the pizza pan with cooking spray. Next, heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of avocado or coconut olive oil and the chicken sausage. Cook the chicken sausage until brown and in crumbles. Sprinkle your Naan bread with a little water and lay it on your prepared pizza pan. Spread the BBQ sauce on first, top with the garlic powder, salt, oregano, and basil. Sprinkle the chicken sausage on top and top with slices of cheese and avocado. Cook for 12 minutes.
BBQ Chicken Sausage and Avocado Naan Pizza
- pizza pan
- medium sized non-stick pan
- 1 package Naan bread
- 12 oz Italian chicken sausage casings removed
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic BBQ sauce
- Couple slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400 ° and spray a pizza pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet to medium heat and add chicken sausage. Cook until crumbled and brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Naan bread with a little water and lay on your prepared pizza pan. Spread the bread with the BBQ sauce, top with garlic powder, salt, basil, and oregano. Sprinkle the cooked chicken sausage on top, then add the cheese and avocado.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
Leave a Reply