America's favorite summer sandwich served on some crispy naan bread pizza! Crunchy lettuce mixed with the perfect combination of ingredients to give the romaine a wildly flavorful burst. Fresh cherry tomatoes and juicy turkey bacon smothered in melted cheese. This meal is everything and more and the best part, it's done in 12 minutes!
If you've never tried pizza on naan bread, then you must try it now! This BLT Naan Pizza is one of my favorite naan pizzas to date. Let's just say I am a big fan in general for BLTs. In case there is a small chance you are unfamiliar with what a BLT actually is. A BLT is a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich.
Since I love pizza and BLT's, I thought why not combine the two! I added this post under my healthful lunches category because I would always eat BLT's for lunch, but you can obviously have this meal for dinner or go crazy and eat it for breakfast 😉
Ingredients for this pizza
First and foremost you are going to need the naan bread. My local Shop Rite sells them, but you can also snag one off Amazon. I've linked some for you below. I always use the whole wheat naan bread, but they also come in other flavors. My husband is a big fan of the garlic naan bread.
Stonefire Tandoori Naan, Whole Grain
This recipe calls for 1 naan pizza, so if you want one for each family member, then double or triple the recipe, depending on how many people are eating this meal. My children all love naan pizza. They are 1, 3, and 5 and they can split one pizza. Just to give you an idea!
One naan is the perfect amount for me, but my husband usually always eats 2 naan breads. That was just an example of how many naan breads you might need in order to satisfy your whole family.
You will also need the following ingredients for you BLT Flatbread Pizza!
- turkey bacon - you can also use regular bacon. I do find that regular bacon has a more crispy texture, but turkey bacon is much healthier for you.
- romaine lettuce - I find fresh romaine to give the perfect crunchy, texture for this meal. Make sure you chop it up into bite sized pieces and wash it really good before chopping.
- mayonnaise - BIG fan of Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise made with avocado oil!
- mozzarella cheese - shredded or you can slice it into small pieces and scatter it around your pie.
Best pizza pan to use
If you'd like to check out my favorite pizza pan to use and pizza cutter head over to my Taco Naan Pizza recipe! I have everything linked there for your convenience.
How to make this dish
Step 1 - Start by cooking your bacon. Heat a medium flat non-stick skillet to medium heat and add your bacon in a row, trying not to overlap the pieces. Cook, flipping every couple minutes until cooked through and no longer fatty. Once the bacon is finished cooking, place it on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess grease.
Step 2 - When bacon is cooled enough to handle, chop it into bite-sized pieces. I even place a paper towel on top, as well. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400°, spray a pizza pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
Step 3 - Prep your lettuce. In a large bowl combine the lettuce, mayo, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the lettuce evenly, adding more mayo if needed. Lay your naan bread onto the prepared pizza pan and top with your cheese, tomatoes, prepared lettuce, and bacon. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately! This BLT pizza with mayo is one you will have on repeat, I can promise you that 😉
A BLT consists of bacon, lettuce, and tomato, so this pizza wouldn't be a BLT pizza without those ingredients, but let's talk about ways to change it up a bit.
Turkey Bacon - I know I mentioned this above, but if you like the taste of real bacon more than turkey bacon you can 100% use regular bacon. It does have a crunchier, fattier taste than turkey bacon, but turkey bacon has less fat and calories than pork bacon, which is why I choose to use turkey bacon.
Cherry Tomatoes - I absolutely love the way cherry tomatoes bake in the oven because they burst in your mouth with juiciness when eating them, but you can really use any tomato that you prefer or happen to have on hand.
Romaine Lettuce - Just like with the cherry tomatoes I find romaine lettuce to have a good crunch to it. In the past, I have used spinach, arugula, or a spring mix, but as for the tomatoes, the possibilities are endless and you can use any type of lettuce you prefer.
Tips and FAQ's
Super simple! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place all ingredients on top of your naan bread. Bake for 12 minutes and Voila!
Wrap up the pieces you did not eat in some tin foil. Make sure it is tightly wrapped. Store in your fridge for 3 to 5 days.
Bake your bread prior to adding toppings if you feel the texture of the bread is a bit soggier than you want. This prevents the bread from getting soggy under the moisture of the ingredients.
Other naan bread recipes to try
If you give this dish a try don't forget to rate the recipe below! Always love hearing what you all think. You can also Stay in touch with me through social media on @Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my healthy recipes!
BLT Naan Pizza
- pizza pan
- flat non-stick pan for cooking bacon
- cutting board
- paring knife
- 1 package whole wheat naan bread 2 per pack
- 6 slices turkey bacon cooked
- ½ cup romaine lettuce chopped
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp mayonnaise made with avocado oil Primal Kitchen brand
- 1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- avocado oil cooking spray
- Heat your flat non-stick pan to medium heat. Lay bacon slices on making sure not to overlap your pieces. Cook, flipping every couple minutes until cooked through; about 5 minutes per side. Once bacon is cooked through lay your pieces onto a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the access grease. Can even lay a paper towel on top for extra soaking. Once your bacon has cooled enough to handle, chop it up into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile; preheat oven to 425° and spray your pizza pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare your lettuce by chopping it into pieces and adding it to a large mixing bowl. Add in your mayo, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat your lettuce and set aside. Add more mayo if needed.
- Lay your naan bread onto the prepared pizza pan and top with your cheese, tomatoes, prepared lettuce, and sliced bacon. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This has my mouth watering. Can’t wait to dig in.