Need a quick healthy meal that takes under 20 minute to make? Buffalo ground turkey skillet is here to help. Literally the easiest dinner you can whip up. Takes only 5 ingredients and you can eat it however you please! If you are trying to cut carbs, then have it in a bowl topped with reduced fat shredded cheddar or mozzarella. If you aren't watching what you're eating then have it in a whole wheat wrap or two small corn tortillas also topped with cheese because everything with cheese is better 🙂 Also, if you are new to ground turkey, when cooking it, make sure the internal temperature hits 165.
Why use ground turkey
Ground turkey is considered a lean meat. All lean meats contain less than 10 grams of fat, 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat. They have less than 95 mg of cholesterol per 100 grams and per labeled serving size. Lean meat is a way healthier option because it has less saturated fat than fatty cuts of meat. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans you should aim to reduce your saturated fats intake to less than 10% of calories per day.
Ingredients to make this dish
You will need 1 pound of ground turkey, ½ cup of buffalo sauce. I am a huge fan of the Tessemae's line because they have a commitment to healthy eating and use all natural products. Tessemae's All Natural Mild Buffalo Sauce! You will also need 1 tsp of celery salt, 1 tsp of ground black pepper, and 1 tbsp of garlic powder. The next two ingredients are optional, but if you want some added some extra veggies you can add ¼ cup shredded celery and a ¼ cup shredded carrots. Just grate the veggies right into a bowl and you're good to go! You will also need a large non-stick skillet to cook this meal in. Calphalon large non-stick skillet!
How to make this meal
First, heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned. Next, if using veggies add them in and stir to combine. Then add the celery salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder stirring until well mixed.
Finally, add the buffalo sauce bring to a simmer, lower and cover for 10 minutes, letting the flavor soak in. Serve in a bowl topped with cheese and parsley or roll up in a wrap with some cheese and parsley mixed in. Enjoy with a smile 🙂
Buffalo Ground Turkey Skillet
- large non-stick pan
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup mild buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup shredded celery optional
- ¼ cup shredded carrots optional
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar or mozzarella for topping
- 1 tbsp parsley for topping
- First, heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat and brown turkey. Drain the turkey and return to the skillet. Add in the veggies, if using, and stir to combine.
- Next add celery salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Then, add buffalo sauce and mix well. Bring to a simmer then cover. Cook for 10 minutes to absorb all the flavor.
- Serve in a bowl topped with cheese and parsley. Or serve rolled up in a whole wheat wrap or 2 corn tortillas.