These quick, easy, healthy cauliflower bites are one of my favorite appetizers to make. They are super simple to make and roast in the oven for only 20 minutes and my blue cheese dressing is by far the BEST blue cheese dressing you will EVER have!
I hate when other bloggers write the word, "best" and I try not to use it, but this dressing is insanely delicious and is the BEST! Better than any restaurant hands down! If you love blue cheese as much as I do, you MUST make this recipe!
Okay okay, so super crispy buffalo cauliflower bites sound incredible! Guess What?! They TASTE incredible too. Some might even mistake them for chicken they taste so good! The texture of the bites is not chewy or crunchy, but rather quite satisfying. In my opinion, it's like I'm eating a perfectly cooked piece of chicken.
Pair these bites with my homemade blue cheese dip and you have got yourself an award-winning, low-calorie, low-carb, healthy appetizer. Or, in my house this was dinner! This is a MUST TRY!
My husband was actually making fun of me as I was making these because he said there was no way they would taste good. He tried one and was sold! They are that good! If you love buffalo as much as I do then you need to try my Crockpot Buffalo Sliders or these Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes!
Ingredients to make these bites
To make my new favorite treat you will need the following! Keep in mind I used my favorite buffalo sauce because all Tesseamae's products are organic, but feel free to use any buffalo sauce you'd like! Tessemae's is made with all REAL ingredients! This buffalo sauce is dairy-free, gluten-free, no sugar added, and vegan. I've linked it below if you're interested in trying it out!
- cauliflower florets - the florets are the white part of the cauliflower. You want to remove all of the leafy green parts. Then, chop up your florets into bite-sized pieces.
- buffalo sauce - I like using organic products because they are cleaner than other bottled sauces, but feel free to use your favorite. I like to mix mine with ghee or butter because adding the butter in gives your sauce a richness, smoothness, and balances the flavors.
- ghee - ghee is just clarified butter, but you can also use unsalted butter, as well.
Tessemae's Buffalo Sauce 10 fl oz. bottles - from Amazon
Tessemae's Buffalo Sauce 10 fl oz. bottle - from Thrive Market
If you are looking for an avocado oil cooking spray I've linked 2 below!
- Chosen Foods avocado oil cooking spray - Non-GMO, Paleo, Keto
- Primal Kitchen avocado oil cooking spray - Whole-30 approved
How to make Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Step 1 - Preheat the oven to 450º and line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray the foil with avocado oil cooking spray.
Step 2 - Whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt, and water. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
Step 3 - For the sauce - meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine ghee (or butter) and buffalo sauce. Pour over the cauliflower evenly and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve with my homemade blue cheese dip or pre-made ranch dressing, and some celery and carrots. If you are looking for an AMAZING blue cheese dressing check out my homemade blue cheese dressing below!
Ingredients for homemade blue cheese dip
- garlic cloves - minced - sometimes I like to cut corners with this step and use Spice World Organic Minced Garlic!
- lemon juice - I recommend using freshly squeezed over the bottled lemon juice. 1 tbsp is about 1 quarter of the lemon squeezed. You can use a hand-held juice squeezer for this step.
- blue cheese crumbles - use a brand that you enjoy eating. I usually go for one that doesn't break the bank, but has a rich and creamy taste.
- parsley - I use the parsley as a topping at the end before serving. Fresh chopped parsley is always best and looks better, but you can also use the seasoning dried parsley, as well.
How to make this tasty dip
This is a simple one! In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients together, minus the parsley. Mix well until everything is really combined! Pour into a serving bowl and top with parsley! Serve with some chopped carrots and celery and of course the cauliflower bites!
There are no substitutions for my blue cheese dip because it tastes insanely amazing and you don't want to mess with it, but for the bites, I've listed a few below.
Whole Wheat Flour - I've opted to use whole wheat flour because that is the flour I mainly have in my house and use with most of my cooking, but some other flour options you can try are almond flour, rice flour, oat flour, chickpea flour, or coconut flour.
Ghee - I like using ghee because it tastes richer and creamier than butter. Ghee is a great swap to use for vegetarians and dairy-sensitive people, but butter would do just as well!
Tips and FAQ's
You can serve a ton of different food options with your bites. I love to serve them as appetizers during game day or even on a holiday get-together. Since buffalo sauce is one of my favorites I will be eating these on Mother's Day 🙂
You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Or if you want to freeze them to enjoy later, put them in the freezer in a single layer (not touching) on a baking sheet lined with foil. Once they are frozen, remove the bites from the baking sheet, place them in a food storage bag, and put them back in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
When you chop up your bites, try to remove as much stem as possible. This way when you eat them they look and taste more like popcorn chicken.
Other cauliflower recipes to try
If you give these bites a try don't forget to rate the recipe below! Always love hearing what you all think. You can also Stay in touch with me through social media on @Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my healthy recipes!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- baking pan
- mixing bowls
- cutting board
- paring knife
- FOR THE BITES -
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp melted ghee or unsalted butter (melted)
- avocado cooking spray
- FOR THE DIP -
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup parsley fresh or dried
- Preheat the oven to 450° and line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray if using foil and set aside. No need to spray the paper if you're using parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder, salt, and water. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking pan in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine melted ghee (or butter) and buffalo sauce.
- Pour over the cooked cauliflower and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch and a side of chopped carrots and celery!
- To make the blue cheese- mix all ingredients together minus the parsley. Once all ingredients are mixed top with the parsley and serve!
Leave a Reply