The creamiest, easiest, quickest crockpot shredded buffalo chicken sliders! Packed full of flavor with a crunchy, juicy, texture that will have your mouth watering from the very first bite!
First of all, when you have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 15 month old cooking dinner is a time constraint. I do love experimenting with recipes, but when I find a good and easy crockpot meal I stick with it at least once a month.
These tasty pulled buffalo chicken sliders are one of those recipes. You throw the ingredients into the slow cooker, set it and forget it! A few hours later you've got yourself a divine meal! This would also make a great appetizer for a holiday party or any get together you have coming up.
I am also slightly obsessed with buffalo anything. I made this recipe using chicken breasts, but you can also ground turkey or ground chicken and cook the recipe the same exact way. I've recently in the past year become obsessed with this Tessemae's Natural Mild Buffalo Sauce. This sauce is whole 30 certified, soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan. A definite winner in my eyes!
If you're also a fan of buffalo sauce recipes, then you need to try my Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes or these Super Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are to die for!
Ingredients to make this easy dish
Below is a picture of the ingredients you will need for this meal!
- chicken breasts - boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- celery salt - this tastes a lot like regular salt at first, but a slight hint of celery becomes more present at the finish. There is crushed celery that is mixed right in that gives it the celery taste.
- minced garlic - either mince the garlic yourself or buy it already minced. Sometimes I like to cut corners when cooking and Spice World Organic Minced Garlic does it for me.
- chili powder - this spice is great for anything buffalo flavored because it has a Tex-Mex type of flavor to it that really enhances the spice of the buffalo without over doing it.
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- buffalo sauce - the possibilities of what brand to use for the sauce are endless. I am a big fan of Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce or Tessemae's Buffalo Sauce, but any brand you decide to use is totally fine.
- worcestershire sauce - if you've never used this sauce before then you need to start. It has a tangy, savory, sweet, and salty taste all mixed into one.
- ghee - clarified butter
- crumbled blue cheese - optional topping
How to make shredded crockpot buffalo chicken
One of the quickest, easiest meals you can make. I start by setting the crockpot to high. That way it cooks in about 4 hours. If you want it to cook slower than that set it on low, then it will be about 8 hours. I throw in 4 turkey breasts. You are going to want to trim the fat because if that cooks into your meal a lucky winner will get a nice piece of fat in their mouth. Yuck!
Next, I finely peel and chop 2 large carrot sticks and 2 large celery sticks and toss them in with the chicken. Pour about 2 cups of the buffalo sauce on top and then I season everything with garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, and celery salt. Next, I add the Worcestershire sauce and ghee. Then, I stir it up, set it, and forget it.
Once your chicken has fully cooked you shred it using 2 forks. Pull apart the forks away from each other and the chicken will fall apart. I then served mine in whole wheat rolls, but you can also use whole wheat tortillas, corn tortillas, or even straight out of a bowl. I just throw the tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up.
Using tongs I pick up the chicken out of the crockpot and place it on the wrap or bun. Then sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese on top or you can use my homemade blue cheese recipe I am obsessed with.
How can the kids help
I absolutely love having my kids in the kitchen with me when I'm making any meals. Luke has just started to enjoy helping, but Taylor really loves helping me out. She just turned 4 in April and has been cooking a little bit here and there since she was around 1 years old. The easiest thing to have a small child help you do is throw in those seasonings. My youngest daughter, Cameran, has even begun getting in on the action 😉
My children's favorite thing to do is throw in the seasonings. Sometimes they put too much in and if it's pertinent that it has to be a certain amount I will put that amount onto a spoon or a small container and then have them throw that in.
You can also have your child sprinkle the cheese on at the end. That's Taylor's other favorite thing to do because she LOVES cheese, just like her Mama 🙂 You can also eat the slider with no cheese; if you prefer.
Quickest way to chop veggies
So, I am one that is always trying to cut corners when it comes to cooking. I have 3 little kids under 5 so my spare time is very short when I do get any! I have a mini hand chopper that I love. My kids actually enjoy using it to help me chop up my veggies.
This device is perfect for mincing anything. Especially this recipe because you don't want big chunks of the celery and carrots mixed into your sandwich. This is the one I own and I highly recommend purchasing it if you don't already own one for yourself. Best investment ever! Click link below and check it out for yourself!
Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender and Chopper Attachment
Tips and FAQ's
Buffalo sauce is a sauce that has a cayenne pepper-based taste. It's usually made with a vinegar base, butter, and other seasonings.
Of course! Any kind of boneless, skinless chicken will work for this dish.
I like the old-school way of using 2 forks. I have found it to be the easiest way to shred chicken. You stick them into the meat and pull them apart. You can also use a kitchen stand mixer if you happen to own one.
You want to store your chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. You don't want to store the chicken on the buns because they will get soggy.
Other Buffalo recipes to try
If you give this recipe a try don't forget to rate the recipe below! Always love hearing what you all think. You can also Stay in touch with me through social media on @Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my healthy recipes!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Crock Pot
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast fat trimmed
- 2 cups buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
- 3 large carrot sticks peeled and diced
- 3 large celery sticks peeled and diced
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- crumbled blue cheese for topping, optional
- 1 container plain greek yogurt for topping, optional
- whole wheat buns for the sliders
- Set crockpot on high if you want to cook in 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Place chicken on bottom of crockpot.
- Toss in the prepared carrots and celery.
- Top with buffalo sauce and all the seasonings which include celery salt, garlic powder, kosher salt, and ground black pepper, and chili powder. Stir to combine. Next, add the worcestershire sauce and the ghee and stir to combine.
- Set it and forget it! High for 4 hours. Low for 8.
- Once chicken has fully cooked through you 2 forks and shred the chicken. Shred by fulling apart the chicken into shredded strips. To serve; using tongs pull out buffalo chicken and place inside the buns. Top with cheese and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply