A few years back we had a Fall holiday party at my work and one of the guests brought these butterscotch pumpkin protein muffins. Everyone was raving about them so of course we all asked her for the recipe because that's what you do when you find something you love and of course I put my twist on them to make them as healthy as I could, without completely changing their taste 😉 I also added the protein.
These are the perfect Fall treat and you can make them mini or regular size. I'm a big fan of mini muffins though, I must say! I also kept these out all day because they could be categorized as a dessert, as well! So, when I put all the apps and meals away to make room for the dessert I kept the muffins out for that course too!
Love a good mini muffin
Today my family celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary. What an accomplishment that is! Hands down I hope that my marriage with my hubby is half as amazing as my parents marriage is. They make it look effortless, but always find a way to put humor into their lives. I am learning that is a big key to a successful marriage. A good sense of humor! My Dad takes the cake for that one.
Well, with all this mushy talk about how wonderful I think my parents marriage is, my siblings and I decided that we wanted to celebrate them today and let them know how much we appreciate them and the beautiful marriage they have. I invited everyone over my house and we did a potluck theme, brunch style! I gotta say, we had enough food to feed an army (well, at least the neighborhood). Everyone who ate one of my butterscotch pumpkin muffins said they were so good. They were actually the only thing one of my nieces would eat, at all:) (she's a picky little one).
Ingredients to make these mini muffins
You will need 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour or almond flour, 1 tbsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. kosher salt, 1 ½ cups coconut sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein, ¾ tsp. nutmeg, 1 ¾ cups pumpkin puree, 4 eggs, ½ cup avocado oil, 1 ½ cups butterscotch morsels, and avocado or coconut cooking spray. You will also need a mini muffin tin and mini muffin liners. If you are in need of a mini muffin tin I've linked the one I have here.
Directions to make mini protein muffins
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and line the baking pan with mini muffin liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs, oil, and pumpkin and mix well! Fold in the morsels. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins and bake at 350° for 15 to 20 min.
This next picture was a picture from when I served the butterscotch pumpkin muffins for my parents 40th anniversary celebration!
Butterscotch Pumpkin Protein Mini Muffins
- mixing bowls
- 24 cup mini muffin tin
- 2½ cups whole wheat or almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 1¾ cups organic pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- avocado or coconut cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, oil, and pumpkin. Mix to combine. Fold in butterscotch morsels.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin liners. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.