So, I am slightly obsessed with this flourless banana bread! It is beyond moist and one piece is super filling. It was perfect for a dessert or snack. I am a sucker for a good dessert, especially at the end of the day after dinner, when I shouldn't be eating anything at all. It only calls for 4 ingredients, also, which is helpful if you don't have much in the house. You only need bananas, old-fashioned oats, natural peanut butter, and semi-sweet dark chocolate morsels. The bananas is what makes this bread everything it is 🙂 You must try this flourless banana bread ASAP!
This recipe is another one of my quick ones. I barely have time to shower these days, let alone whipping up something healthy to eat. Somehow I've been able to make all recipes under 30 minutes. Score! This is the exact type of recipe I am a big fan of. Quick and easy and not a lot of prep work. Since this recipe is mainly bananas I thought I would share the benefits of bananas and why you should be including them in your diet.
What are the benefits of bananas?
- High fiber content. Bananas are loaded with fiber (both soluble and insoluble)
- Hight fiber food are also said to be good for your heart health
- They are supportive with digestion and building a metabolism
- They are loaded with nutrients!
- High source of potassium (I think this is what they are mainly known for) This makes them a super fruit
- Bananas also have low salt which is a plus
- They are also high in iron, which helps with Anaemia
What do you need to make this bread?
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How do you make flourless banana bread?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan and spray with coconut cooking spray.
- In a blender add bananas, oats, and peanut butter and blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into load pan and if desired garnish with more bananas and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes!
*Can store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days!
Flourless Banana Bread
- loaf pan
- mixing bowl
- 4-5 medium bananas ripe or over-ripe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- coconut or avocado cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a blender add bananas, peanut butter, and oats. Leave out half of one of the bananas to add slices to the top of the bread. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to prepared loaf pan and top with banana slices and more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes.