Strawberry Coconut PopTart 🙂Jump to Recipe
I was recently inspired by a friend's comment on my last dessert post. I was told my Almond Cookies Tart with Fruit reminded them of a poptart. Consequently, here is my version of a giant poptart :). Maybe it isn't exactly the best replica of one, but it was the closest I could get. Growing up my favorite flavored poptart was always the strawberry ones so low and behold I incorporated strawberries. The crust is super delicious too. The pure maple syrup gives it just enough sweetness, NO sugar added! You can always make this in advance, too, which is an extra added bonus and I found it pretty easy to make. I will have to admit that I am not the best baker. I have always been really into cooking and my baking skills were usually based around the boxed desserts, where you add an egg and some milk. If I say the dessert is easy that means it's easy. I've recently been trying to perfect my baking skills, so if anyone has any tips please do share 😉 I gotta say I think this came out looking pretty darn delish!
What do you need to make this dessert?
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need 2 13.5-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk, stored at least overnight in the coldest part of the refrigerator. You will also need 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup, 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract, 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan, 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. almond flour, ¼ tsp. kosher salt, 1 large egg, and 1 cup strawberries, chopped up. The ingredients will be mixed in a stand mixer. I have kitchen aid that I love. I've linked the one I have here. Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer!
How do you make strawberry, coconut, pop tart?
For the filling!
First, open the cold cans of coconut milk; the solid cream will have risen to the top. Spoon it into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until it thickens and peaks form. Slowly fold in 2 tbsp. of maple syrup and vanilla extract. Transfer to a metal or glass bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the crust!
Preheat oven to 350° Generously grease a 9-inch round dish with coconut oil. In a large bow, stir together the flour and salt until combined. Add the coconut oil, 1 tbsp. maple syrup, and egg and stir until the mixture forms a ball. Lightly press the dough into the dish and bake for 12 min. until the crust is light golden brown. Remove the dish from the oven and let cool completely. Fill the crust with 2 cups coconut whipped cream and top with strawberries. Serve with a smile 🙂
Strawberry, Coconut, Poptart
- 9 inch round pie dish
- large mixing bowl
- kitchen aid stand mixer
- metal or glass bowl
- 2 13.5 oz cans of full-fat coconut milk stored overnight in coldest part of fridge
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted plus more for greasing dish
- 2 cups almond flour plus
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- For the filling ~Open the cold cans of coconut milk; the solid cream will have risen to the top. Spoon it into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until it thickens and peaks form.
- Slowly fold in 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup and vanilla extract. Transfer to a metal or glass bowl and store in fridge until ready to use.
- For the crust ~Preheat oven to 350 °. Generously grease a 9-inch round baking dish with coconut oil. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and egg and stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Lightly press the dough into the dish and bake for 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Fill the crust with 2 cups of the coconut whipped cream and top with sliced strawberries.