Jump to Recipe
Who doesn't love a good dessert? No one I ever met 🙂 Even more so of why you should try this almond cookie tart with fruit. My husband usually hates the "healthy desserts" I create, but he actually used the words, "delicious" when describing this one! You can also make the crust ahead of time if you want to save time when making this concoction 😉 If you do wish to make the dessert prior to making the whole recipe you can cover it and leave it at room temp. for up to 2 days.
The hardest time for me to stick to my healthy ways is late night after I've eaten dinner. I've been trying to add one dessert to my meal prepping day that will last me throughout the week so that when I do have that sweet tooth craving I can just have my healthy dessert I've prepped for the week. After I cooked up this delectable treat I placed it in a tupperware and stored it in my fridge. Will definitely last you the week, but I wouldn't keep it longer than 5 days!
What do you need to make this healthy treat?
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases!
You will need 2½ cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats. 1½ cups unsalted slivered almonds, ½ cup pure maple syrup plus 3 tbsp. divided, 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract, ¾ tsp. kosher salt, 8 tbsp. (1 stick) cold, unsalted, butter, 1 large egg, whisked, 3 cups of fresh berries, your choice. I just happen to choose strawberries and blueberries because they are always in our house. You will also need 1 cup heavy cream and ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt. If you don't have heavy cream in your house because I know that's an ingredient I need to go out and get. Then I've listed a substitute for you below.
Homemade heavy cream:
¾ cup 2% milk
¹⁄3 cup unsalted butter
Place the milk in a bowl and set aside. You do not want it fresh from the fridge when you mix the ingredients or it will be too cold. You can melt the butter in the microwave for every 15 seconds until fully melted. Remove and stir every 15 seconds. Combine the 2 ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until well blended. Use immediately. If you need a hand mixer, I highly recommend this one. I got it 5 years ago at my bridal shower and it has never failed me. Cuisinart Hand Blender! You will also need a baking brush. You can't go wrong with the OXO brand so click here to try one out.
How do I make almond cookie tart with fruit?
First, preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats and almonds in a blender or food processor until they're the texture of sand. Add ½ cup of maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Then add butter, cut into slices, evenly on top. Pulse until combined. Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and using wet hands press out into a rectangle and brush with egg. Bake the crust until browned, rotating halfway through, about 25 min. Let cool 10 min. before transferring to a cutting board using 2 spatulas. You don't want to break it in half. Before serving, combine cream and the remaining 3 tbsp. of maple syrup in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt. Spread the whipped cream over the crust. Arrange fruit on top and cut into 16 slices.
Calories per slice - 284
Almond Cookie Tart with Fruit
- blender or food processor
- baking pan
- baking brush
- 1 large spatula or 2 regular spatulas
- 2 ½ cups rolls oats or old fashioned oats
- 1½ cups unsalted slivered almonds
- ½ cup pure maple syrup plus 3 tbsp divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup kosher salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- 1 large egg whisked
- 3 cups fresh berries your choice
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats and almonds in a blender or food processor and pulse until they're the texture of sand.
- Add ½ cup maple syrup, the vanilla extract, and salt. Then add butter, cut into even slices. Pulse until combined.
- Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and using wet hands press out into a rectangle and brush with the egg.
- Bake the crust until browned, rotating halfway through, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before transferring to a cutting board using 2 spatulas or one large one.
- Before serving, combine cream and the remaining 3 tbsp of maple syrup in a large mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt. Spread the cream over the crust and arrange with the cut up berries!