Flourless Fudgy Brownies
Jump to Recipe
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
First, let me just tell you how friggin amazing these flourelss fudgy brownies are! They are everything they sound like and more 😉 I seriously cannot stop making desserts. I am 32 weeks pregnant so I guess that makes sense. These fudgy brownies are actually made with chickpeas. I have found that the consistency of chickpeas is perfect for baking when you don't want to use flour. You will also need a blender. I have the Ninja and have owned it for 5 years and never had a problem. Ninja Blender! If you are a smoothie drinker, like myself, this blender is even better because it has smoothie attachments.
What do you need for these flourless fudgy brownies?
You will need 1 can of chickpeas, drained, 2 overripe bananas, 1 cup of oats, ¼ tsp of kosher salt, 1 large egg, 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract, 1 cup of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips and ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 tbsp of nut milk. You can also add more chocolate chips sprinkled on top, chopped walnuts, or some powdered sugar to make them look pretty 🙂 I also sprayed a 9 x 9 inch square pan with coconut or avocado cooking spray before adding the brownie mixture.
How do you make these brownies.
Preheat oven to 350º. In a blender, add chickpeas, bananas, oats, salt, egg, and vanilla extract and blend until it forms a smooth consistency. In a small saucepan on low heat add chocolate chips, cocoa powder and, and nut milk and cook until powder is blended into chips and the chips are melted. Whisk slowly often to make sure the chips don't burn. Remove from heat and add the chickpea blend into the saucepan and stir until well combined. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the brownie batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Flourless Fudgy Brownies
- small pot
- 9 x 9 inch square baking pan
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp nut milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a blender add chickpeas, bananas, oats, salt, egg, and vanilla extract and blend until it forms a smooth consistency.
- In a small pot on low heat add chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and nut milk. Cook until powder is blended in and chocolate chips are melted. Whisk slowly, often, to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and pour in the chickpea mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the brownies batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool completely and then cut into squares before serving!