Coconut Mango Mini Muffins
I had so much fun making these coconut mango mini muffins with my daughter Taylor! She honestly looks forward to our cooking time together. I try to give her the easiest tasks while creating any of my recipes so that she can always be included. The older she gets the more she'll be able to help and hopefully one day be able to do this with her family 🙂 I found these coconut mango mini muffins to be so yummy with the coconut flakes on top to add that extra pop of flavor in your mouth. You could really add any topping you desire, but Tay and I were really feeling the coconut this day!
What do I need to make these muffins?
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need 3 scoops of whatever protein powder you have on hand. I used Organic Protein, plant based, vanilla flavor. I had bought when I was pregnant. I've also used the Tone It Up plant based protein, vanilla flavored in the past, as well! You will also need 1 cup of coconut flour (or almond flour). I like Bob's Red Mill organic coconut flour. You will also need ½tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, pinch of kosher salt, 3 eggs, whisked, 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted), ³⁄4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 tbsp pure honey or pure maple syrup. The final ingredients you will need are ½ cup frozen mango (pulse in blender until smooth). I've also used frozen raspberries or strawberries before too. The last of the ingredients are ½ cup plain greek yogurt or coconut milk yogurt alternative, unsweetened coconut flakes for topping, and coconut or avocado oil cooking spray. I have always used Bob's Red Mill unsweetened coconut flakes.
How do you make these mini muffins?
First, preheat oven to 350°. Next, mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Then, mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Spray mini muffin tin with coconut or avocado oil spray. Pour mixture into muffin tins. Top with coconut flakes. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Finally, enjoy! Three of these would make the perfect snack for on the go or just relaxing at home while living the quarantined life 😉
Coconut Mango Mini Muffins
- mixing bowls
- mini muffin tin
- 3 scoops plant based protein powder
- 1 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup unsweetend vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or pure honey
- ½ cup frozen mango pulse in blender until smooth
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or plain greek yogurt
- unsweetened coconut flakes for topping
- coconut oil or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together using a whisk until well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients together using a whisk until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Scoop out mixture into prepared mini muffin tins and top with coconut flakes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.