Don't even get me started on these! So, these are now my new favorite breakfast recipe and they are so super simple to make and quick for those morning you aren't really up for cooking, but would prefer something not out of box. These would amazing for a brunch you might be hosting or attending too. If you're going to a potluck, these will most definitely knock everyone else's meal out of the ball park. Nothing even compares!
I'm also not a huge fan of ham, but when it's cooked inside these puffs of perfection they actually do it for me. You can actually throw in whatever ingredient you are loving at the moment or have leftover that would complement a breakfast entree. I had leftover mushrooms from my mushroom burgers I made the other night so I decided to use them in these cloud eggs. Mushroom Burgers - use this link to find the recipe for the mushrooms.
Ingredients to make this healthy breakfast
You will need 4 large eggs, 2 for each person. 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan. This next ingredient you can use a lot of different options. Here are a few I have tried out. ¼ pound deli ham, ripped into pieces, ½ cup chopped mushroom from my Mushroom Burger recipe that I've linked above, 2 pieces of turkey bacon chopped up into pieces or turkey sausage also cut up into pieces. The possibilities are endless 🙂 You will need some avocado or coconut cooking spray and also some kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste or my new favorite seasoning for eggs Everything but the Bagel Seasoning! You will need to whisk the eggs vigorously for 3 minutes so I highly recommend using this electric hand mixer I have. I am obsessed with this Cuisinart Hand Blender.
How to make cloud eggs
Preheat oven to 450° and grease a medium baking sheet with coconut or avocado cooking spray. Separate egg whites and eggs yolks, placing egg whites in a large bowl and yolks in a small bowl. Be careful not to break the yolks because you will be adding them back in. Using a whisk, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Gently fold in Parmesan, ham, mushrooms, salt and pepper, or Everything but the Bagel Seasoning!
Spoon mounds of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet and scoop out centers to make indents. Bake until golden, about 3 minutes. Carefully spoon egg yolk into center of each nest. Bake for an additional 3 minutes.
Happy Weekend Y'all! Note on Cloud Eggs: Believe it or not you can actually save these for the next morning too. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for one night!
- small mixing bowls
- baking pan
- hand mixer or whisk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- ¼ lb turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- avocado or coconut cooking spray
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- everything but the bagel seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° and grease a baking pan with cooking spray. Separate egg whites and egg yolks into 2 separate small bowls.
- Be careful not to break the yolks because you will need them whole again.
- Using a whisk or hand mixer whisk, whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes vigorously until white peaks form at the top, about 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in parmesan cheese and turkey bacon.
- Sprinkle in seasonings.
- Spoon mounds onto prepared baking pan. Push down center of mound to form a hole in the middle.
- Bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and add carefully scoop each yolk out of the small bowl and add to the hole in the mound. Bake for an additional 3 minutes.
custom round magnet
It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
stem cell treatment in india
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post…
These look great as I have never heard of them before. Looking forward to giving them a try this week. I will be sure to provide an update
Thanks John 🙂