Changing up Taco Tuesday a bit with these delicious Ground Turkey Quesadillas! Made with fresh herbs and homemade taco seasoning. Served on the crispiest whole wheat tortillas with sliced avocado on top, these quesadillas are anything, but ordinary!
I try and always keep Tuesdays in our house for Taco Night because we are big fans of tacos. I don't want to get sick of the same type of tacos every week so I've been trying to come up with different ways of making them. My husband got a panini press as a gift from one of his family members, so I make use of it every once in awhile because it makes the post perfect paninis or quesadillas. Here are a two panini presses I recommend!
Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill
Panini Press Grill 4 Slice Extra Large
How to make homemade taco seasoning
So, I make my own taco seasoning. You can find my taco seasoning mix here Ground Turkey Tacos. I also use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and I ALWAYS use ground turkey and whole wheat wraps 🙂
Ingredients to make ground turkey quesadillas
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- whole wheat wraps
- plain greek yogurt (sour cream sub)
- homemade taco seasoning recipe found here Ground Turkey Tacos
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- coconut or avocado cooking spray
- reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- salsa for dipping (optional)
How to make these quesadillas
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium high heat.
- Add the oil and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until meat in browned.
- Drain ground turkey and bell pepper in a colander and return to pan. Add seasonings and ¼ cup of water. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn on the panini press or heat another small skillet to low heat. Spray panini press or skillet with cooking spray.
- Lay down the whole wheat wrap onto the heated device of your choice. Add the cheese and the ground turkey mix. Close the wrap so that it's folded in half. Cook each side of wrap until nice and crispy.
- Serve with plain greek yogurt and salsa for dipping 🙂
Ground Turkey Quesadillas
- medium sized non-stick skillet
- panini press
- cutting board
- paring knife
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper sliced and seeds removed
- whole wheat wraps
- plain greek yogurt for dipping
- taco seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- coconut or avocado spray
- reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese or cheese or choice
- salsa for dipping
- ¼ cup reduced fat chicken broth or beef broth
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Add oil and bell pepper and cook until pepper starts to soften; about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Drain cooked turkey and bell pepper in a colander and then return to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup reduced fat chicken or beef broth. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn on panini press or heat a small non-stick skillet and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay whole wheat wrap onto the heated device of your choice. Add the cheese and ground turkey mix. Close the wrap so that it's folder over and forms a half circle.
- Cook each side of wrap until nice and crispy.
- Serve with plain greek yogurt and salsa.
Leave a Reply