This Tahini-Free Avocado Hummus is super tasty and very easy to make. Ready in 5 minutes this recipe can be served with pita chips, any type of chopped veggies, or even some crusty french baguette bread.
So, avocado hummus is one recipe you want to save for when company comes over. This would make a great appetizer for your next holiday! First of all, it looks absolutely delicious and avocado in anything is an added bonus.
Tahini is a sesame seed paste that is actually pretty expensive so if you can leave it out I find it a win!
If you need another easy appetizer recipe check out my Easy Cheese Crostini Appetizer!
Table of contents
Ingredients to make avocado hummus without tahini
To make this delicious dip you will need the following ingredients!
- avocado - you want your avocado to be ripen. To tell if an avocado is ripe it will yield to firm gentle pressure. Ready to eat avocados usually have a darker color, but color can vary so it's best to go by how the avocado feels. Also, you will want to peel the avocado and remove the pit.
- can of chickpeas - you want to drain your can of chickpeas and then give your chickpeas a quick rinse before adding them to the blender.
- olive oil - I like to use avocado oil for this ingredient, but you can also use regular olive oil if you prefer.
If you want the dirt on chickpeas check out my post on Roasted Chickpeas where I discuss the reasons why you should have them in your diet.
How to make this hummus recipe
This is the easiest recipe to make!
Step 1 - Combine all ingredients into a blender!
Step 2 - Blend until smooth! Serve with pretzel crisps or your choice of cracker or veggie! Enjoy!
This is the blender I've had for years and highly recommend! Ninja Blender!
Benefit of avocados
Avocados are also a great benefit to your health. They are considered a healthy fat and you need healthy fats in your diet. Healthy fats help prevent belly fat, according to some research I've done.
I used to be a health and fitness coach for Beachbody and Autumn Calabrese is the creator of the 21 Day Fix. When I did the 21 Day Fix program that is where I learned how much healthy fat you need in one day. The amount that you eat needs to be small. You only need about a ¼ cup a day. Hummus is also a super healthy fat, as well! So, when you combine the two you have the perfect meal!
There are a lot of great options that you can serve with this yummy hummus dish! Here are a few ideas that you can choose from to serve with your dip.
- snap peas
- carrot sticks
- bell peppers
- tortilla chips (whole wheat of course;)
- pita chips (use gluten-free to keep this recipe gluten-free)
- can also be served on a charcuterie board
- crackers - I'm obsessed with this gluten-free brand Good Thins Crackers
- also works great as a spread on a sandwich
There are a couple of different ways you can change up this recipe to your liking! Here are my suggestions.
Avocado Oil - you can use any oil that you prefer. I recommend using either avocado oil or regular olive oil. I think fruity, light-flavored oils are best.
Limes - if you don't have a lime on hand you can use a lemon, but the final taste will just be sweeter
Tips and FAQ's
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Feel free to add a little bit at a time until the consistency is how you like it.
You sure can! Place your hummus in an airtight container and store it in freezer for up to three months.
Yes, it is!
Other appetizer dishes to try
If you give this recipe a try don't forget to rate the recipe below! Always love hearing what you all think. You can also Stay in touch with me through social media on @Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my healthy recipes!
- 1 ripen avocado peeled and pit removed
- 1 lime juice squeezed out
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!
- Serve with your choice of pretzels, crackers, or veggies!
Loved this! Yummy! Thank you!
I’m so glad 🙂